Friday, June 26, 2009

Back on the Blogs with a new Laptop

Its been a while since I last posted, largely thanks to having my tablet PC stolen from my car whilst I was at the MOSSIG May meeting. So rebuilding my machine and remembering all my passwords (like my blog) was quite a process. Ben & Steve at work did help me through the difficult time, with a somewhat dummed down tablet.

PIC_0014

 

Anyways, every cloud has a silver lining, and I’m wrapped with the latest edition – a Dell Studio XPS 16. It has the most amazing screen I’ve seen in a laptop!

As for the move back to a laptop, well the Tablet PC just didnt cut the mustard for me. As a consultant its great in meetings for note taking, but it comes at a price. The specs and screen size & resolution are still too far behind for equivalently priced laptops. Especially when you’re trying to run virtual images, Sharepoint Designer and something as simple as viewing Outlook – especially when you plugin Xobni.

No comments: