Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Back From New Zealand

There never seems to be a good time to go on a holiday. Having been away in New Zealand for some R&R with my wife Trines for almost a month I’m now getting back into the swing of things at work. It’s amazing how you loose your edge being away for a few weeks – typing, conducting meetings and prioritizing work that your not up to speed on provides a hard starting point – so I started with my blogs ;).
For the record, New Zealand is a lovely place – very different to Australia and probably most similar to Tasmania if it had to be compared. It’s about the only place I know where you can go from the East Coast, to snow covered mountains, to valleys with roaring rivers and wind up on the west coast – all in half a days driving. The highlights of the trip were the Glaciers, Milford Sound and the Marlborough region where Trines and I did a bike tour to all the local wineries and overindulged. We did 3 weeks over there with 1 week in the North Island and 2 in the south. This seemed to be a typical tourist timeframe and we managed to see everything we wanted to and were able to relax and enjoy places we came across.
I’ll put some pics up on my Flickr account in a few days.

No comments: